Robert Yellin's Japanese Pottery Blog

Greetings from Kyoto, We've just moved our gallery into a magnificent old Sukiya style home located very near the Silver Pavilion; a stunning area and setting for the inspired ceramic art we share with the world. Please visit us if ever in Kyoto or online at www.japanesepottery.com and www.e-yakimono.net

Monday, June 01, 2009

Kagami Shukai.......Sad News


It is with great shock and sadness that I write this; just today I learned that one of the greatest Ki-Seto potters of all time, a great man and gentleman, a man who was always so very kind to me when I visited him and he here to our gallery, a humble man who had just built a new kiln and workshop, ready to get back to work after many kiln failures........Kagami Shukai, was killed in a car accident last month on the 21st. A sad day here in Mishima. I wrote this some years ago:
http://www.e-yakimono.net/html/trio-sv.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home