Robert Yellin's Japanese Pottery Blog

Greetings from Kyoto, We've just moved our gallery into a magnificent old Sukiya style home located very near the Silver Pavilion; a stunning area and setting for the inspired ceramic art we share with the world. Please visit us if ever in Kyoto or online at www.japanesepottery.com and www.e-yakimono.net

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Yakimono/Asahi.com




Sometime last autumn I received a phone call asking me if I'd be interested to start a web gallery in Japan. It was from The Asahi Newspaper and Dentsu and they wanted me to be their gaijin director. Why not I thought and so a new site was developed and went online in January, all in Japanese though. It's called 'Robato Ierin no Yakimono Sanpo no Michi' or Robert Yellin's Yakimono Walking Path, or something like that. The plan is for me to share my passion/knowledge/eye for domestic collectors. I really don't think it will have much of an impact at all, yet why not give it a shot.
Today a few folks came down from Tokyo to shot some pots for the next selection; thought I'd share a few photos of their 'pot tent.'
If you want to have a look at the web site, please do so here:
http://www.asahi.com/shopping/yakimono/yellin/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home